Protect Yourself and Your Data
Ransomware and malware is a real and serious threat. In 2015 alone, the Department of Homeland Security says reported victims paid around $24 million in ransoms and data recovery. If you think you are infected- get help NOW.
At A Higher Standard Computer we believe in a proactive defense in protecting your privacy and data. We have partnerships with top rated anti-virus companies to help protect you.
Here are a few tips on protecting yourself:
- If you suspect you have a virus- stop using your computer and call A Higher Standard Computer
- Microsoft will NOT call you for tech support. If someone does call claiming to be tech support- hang up.
- If you get a pop-up from a program that has an unfamiliar name- do not click on it.
- Only turn over control of your computer for remote support from a source you have personally sought out and hired.
- In the event that you fall victim to a scam, unplug your computer, call AHS Computers, and report the scam to the FTC.
“A large number of attacks rely on social engineering. Ask yourself next time you get offer an email or online for a free iPad or FedEx package- is this probably real?”